VACANCY FOR A TRIALS TECHNICIAN
BASED IN WINCHCOMBE, GLOUCESTERSHIRE
DLF Seeds Ltd is a market leading supplier of grass, maize, game cover, fodder crop and wildflower seeds to the agricultural, amenity and domestic markets. Known for quality, service and technical excellence, we invest in research and development and are committed to minimising our environmental impact.
Due to an internal promotion, we are now recruiting a Trials Technician at our UK R & D Centre, near Winchcombe, Gloucestershire. Activities include a ryegrass breeding programme, the largest forage grass trialling centre in the UK, a large amenity grass trialling programme and demonstration plots.
This role will appeal to individuals who are motivated by a culture of continuous improvement and are looking to develop in a technology and data driven environment. It will require a level of physical fitness in order to assist with manual tasks involved in the breeding work. Main duties include:
- Use agricultural machinery and equipment to create, maintain, harvest and evaluate trial plots
- Maintain and service machinery on site
- Collate, input and monitor trials data, maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Maintain the site to the standard required of a centre of excellence
- Welcome visitors and provide a high level of customer service
- Undertake a range of duties associated with trialling, breeding and harvesting of grass varieties
Knowledge and Skills required
- Experience of farm machinery, equipment and farm practices
- Field trials experience, (PA1, 2 and 6 certificates would be an advantage but training can be given )
- The ability to integrate and work effectively with colleagues as part of a small team
- Flexible approach to ensure all tasks are completed in a timely manner around the weather
- Systematic and methodical with excellent attention to detail
- An adequate level of fitness to fulfil the role and willingness to work outside in all weather conditions
- Full UK driving licence
- IT literate with a knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- An understanding of amenity grass practices, seed crop trialling and management is desirable.
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday
- Pension scheme, life assurance and income protection after a qualifying period
For an informal chat about the position and the full job description, please contact Tony Strickland on 07824 692477.
Please email your CV and covering letter stating how you meet the requirements of the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Monday 15th January 2021
The selection process will be conducted in accordance with DLF’s Equal Opportunities Policy