Nice composition and harmonic look harmonious
The high shoot density and tolerance to close cutting makes the species particularly suitable for golf greens, tees, & fairways. Maintains good colour and a fine appearance throughout the year. Requires minimal water and fertiliser. Tolerates acidic soils.
Latin name: Festuca rubra
Germination: About 2 weeks
Shoot density: 450-800
Cutting height: Normal: 20-35mm
Not less than 5mm
Growth: In tufts
• Leaves fine, stiff and filamentous
• Young leaf folded in shoot (generally remains unfolded when mature)
• Ligule short, blunt and difficult to distinguish
• Roots bunched together • No rhizomes
• Leaf sheath complete, not overlapping
Select up to 2 varieties to compare.
Select up to 3 varieties to compare.